Monday, February 6, 2012

My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Applebees because they want to meet me. What should I order?

This is probably a stupid question, but one of my coworkers just said that there are certain foods that would give off a bad impression or something. I feel like I should just not worry about it and order whatever looks good.My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Applebees because they want to meet me. What should I order?
You don't really want to order something which you eat with your hands or anything which could be difficult to eat without the possibility of making a messy like spaghetti! I'm not really sure what Applebees is because I'm from the UK! But maybe something like penne pasta or a salad, and if I was you I wouldn't worry about the price, they want to meet you!My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Applebees because they want to meet me. What should I order?
Yeah, don't worry about it and just order what you want! Unless they're paying for it, then you should order something that isn't very expensive. It would give off a bad impression if they're paying for it and you order a $20 meal. :D
I assume they're the ones paying for the whole meal?



Then of course, you wouldn't want to order something outrageously expensive. A salad is always good, it shows you can eat healthy and be frugal.



Anything under $20 is fine, if they're paying for it. If they tell you to order anything you want, then I wouldn't worry about the price.



Of course, if you and your boyfriend are paying for yourselves, then you should be free to order anything you want.My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Applebees because they want to meet me. What should I order?
Since Applebees isn't a high dollar restaurant you don't have to worry about what you order costing too much. And even if it was you should still order what you like as long as you actually eat it. So I say order what you please. Get dessert if you want it. The only area I would check into concerns alcohol. Ask your boyfriend if his parents drink and if they don't then maybe you might want to refrain from ordering a cocktail. Otherwise I've never heard of such a thing as your coworker has suggested. Good luck with meeting the parents and I'm sure they will like you, especially since you obviously care enough to ask this question before you go. You obviously want to make a good impression.
You definitely shouldn't worry about it. Order whatever you would like to eat! :)My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Applebees because they want to meet me. What should I order?
Just order what you normally would if your boyfriend took you out. Enjoy yourself, don't talk with your mouth full, etc. It's just common sense--you probably wouldn't want to do spaghetti since it can get kind of messy, might not want to order lobster since it's usually quite expensive plus also messy if you aren't skilled at it, might want to be careful about the amount of garlic since that will stay on your breath, might not want to order the pig trough or a 5 lb. banana split. But just a regular dinner that appeals to you, even dessert is just fine. They don't want you eating like you're anorexic either.

No comments:

Post a Comment