Friday, January 27, 2012

What is it like to work in a restaurant bar like chilis or applebees? for customers or bartenders?

There are not many drinks served at these types of places is my guess, and the bartenders do what all day ?What is it like to work in a restaurant bar like chilis or applebees? for customers or bartenders?
I bartend at Ruby Tuesday and it is very very hectic. In addition to taking care of all the guests at the bar (ours seats 22), the bartender also has 4 bar tables (which seat 4 each). As well as making all the alcoholic drinks, smoothies, milkshakes, and specialty drinks that the servers ring in. And in our store, most of the time the ToGo! person gets switched to the floor because they needed an extra server and the bartender has to take all the ToGo! orders as well, which involves also bringing the bags out to the guests' car.



I'm always running around like lightening trying to make sure everyone's glasses are full and their food comes correctly.



We also have a new line of handcrafted beverages, such as our Zero Fresh Strawberry Lemonade, which involves muddling fresh strawberries and squeezing fresh lemons per order. It isn't a 30 second creation like a rum and coke; it takes a bit more finesse.



We sell a lot more drinks than people realize, I'm sure. On Friday and Saturday nights we usually have two bartenders, but during the day and all the other nights there's only one. And, no matter what, everyone wants something from you at once!



On Fridays our liquor and beer shipments come in, which usually consists of cases upon cases, which all need to be opened and loaded into the locked beer cage in the cooler. I do that when I have a spare minute between rushes, but I usually end up staying fifteen minutes after the next bartender comes to relieve me doing that because we're too busy.



At our store, the bartenders also have to wash their own bar glasses, as they're too fragile to go through the dishwasher in the kitchen. They just have to be washed by hand. I do this whenever I have a spare moment. If I don't I'll run out of glasses and that's not good. Our draft beers are served in a frozen mug, so the glasses need to be cleaned and put in the freezer ASAP so they're cold for the next guest.



To top it all off, our orange juice is fresh squeezed by the bartenders every morning. In fact, tomorrow morning I will probably spend 3 hours juicing oranges to make 2 containers.



I absolutely enjoy my job though. It's fast-paced, fun, and I basically control how much money I make by giving the best service I can to my guests. It's a lot of work, but I feel like I really work for my money.What is it like to work in a restaurant bar like chilis or applebees? for customers or bartenders?
you would think so.... but wen you have a bar, ordering food %26amp; drinks to you and also a bunch of waiters ordering all those fruty mixy blendy drinks it takes time to prepare them and also it takes a bit of memory toget them all down.

what is it like to work and at a restaurnat like that, its fun and casual and also crazy and wild at times.What is it like to work in a restaurant bar like chilis or applebees? for customers or bartenders?
It's not bad actually. They sell a good amount of drinks. If you have not worked in the service industry then you would be best off starting as a bar back or a server before trying your hand at bartending. It's not a hard job by any mean, but there is a "personality" that you learn.
  • yamaha outboards
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment