Friday, January 27, 2012

How much do you make as a host at Applebees?

I just got a job at Applebees in Los Angeles, California. The position is a hostess. I stupidly forgot to ask about pay before I accepted the the job. How much is base pay there? not including tips. How do tips work for hosts?How much do you make as a host at Applebees?
Our hosts in New York (western part, not the city) make minimum wage plus tip-outs from the servers, which vary from day to day. The servers tip out 1% of their sales to the host staff and 1% to the bartenders. On weekdays when there are fewer hosts on, they can make an extra $6-7 or more per hour, but on weekends that drops to $3-5 per hour on the weekends since there are usually 4 hosts on at the one I work at. Our restaurant is very busy, and I know different stores do their tip-out differently, so this may not be exactly how your store works.



I have my B.A., but I'm finding it hard to give up the money I make serving and bartending! I know I'm going to want a "real" job eventually, but for now it allows me flexible hours and pretty decent money!How much do you make as a host at Applebees?
Depends on where you are. I worked in Calabasas as a host and make minimum wage. Plus tips but i only made like 6 a day. Im sorry to ruin your AppleBees Bubble....i just didnt like it there i thought the pay was total crap. Call em up and ask em.

No comments:

Post a Comment