Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Is it silly to bring my resume for a waiter position at applebees?

The applebees where I live is accepting applications, so I'm submitting one today. I have 3 1/2 years experience in customer service/retail on my resume, but will that come off to some employers as trying too hard?





Any tips on how I should go about turning in this application in a busy restuarant setting? Like ask for a manager and hand him/her both my application and resume?





Suggestions?|||No, it's not silly at all. You'll still have to fill the application out in full (don't put "see resume"), but if your resume shows more experience and show interesting details, then absolutely include it.





Handing the application to a manager is always smart, just do it during downtime at the restaurant. Walking in at 7:30 on a Saturday night and asking for a manager won't impress you very well onto that manager. Instead, come at like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, ask for the manager, introduce yourself, shake her hand, and get her name. Thank her for taking the application. Dress as you would for the interview.|||What? No, you are trying to show off on a resume. They never look at it that way, you want to overplay yourself as much as possible, you are advertising yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment