Friday, February 3, 2012

I have an interview at Applebees, what should I wear? What will they ask?

I've never worked as a hostess but I have a lot of customer service experience. I really want the job, I've always wanted to work in resturaunts. I don't know what I should wear or what they might ask. If anyone has any tips it would be very helpful.I have an interview at Applebees, what should I wear? What will they ask?
Wear something that you would wear if you went to a close friends FAMILIES birthday party, not an evening thing, not a outdoors thing. Nice top, bottom and shoes. Your not applying for a Doctor or Lawyer thing, but show what you would look like if you wore your clothing greeting guests and seating them. What if your Grandmother came over for dinner, what would you wear for her?



As far as ASK? Are you outgoing, have personality, engaging, multitasking, (looking around the corner, before being asked), think of yourself as one of our son's in Iraq, when confronted with something, a bad guest etc, what can you do to difuse the situation and come out on top. Don't forget you represent your restaurant, your the first thing they see when arriving. Smile and be positive, and anticipate anything.I have an interview at Applebees, what should I wear? What will they ask?
Dress smartly. No matter where you interview, drop by to see how the employees dress at work. Then put on a matching outfit that is one notch above what they are wearing. The idea is to show that you would fit in.

One question that most restaurants ask and many people miss out is that they will ask how you deal with an upset customer that it seems like you cannot satisfy (it may not be worded differently). The answer is that you offer to replace the meal or whatever is in your power and if you still cannot satisfy him/her you offer to have the manager stop by. As hostess, the most common complaint you will probably encounter is that they are waiting longer than the quoted time for a table. Like the infamous 15-20 minutes that really means about an hour (don't do that if you can).I have an interview at Applebees, what should I wear? What will they ask?
At my last interview for a kitchen job, I still wore nice black pants, a nice blouse, and heels. You can't really go wrong there. They'll probably ask the regular questions. Why you want to work there, your availability, what makes you think you're qualified, and of course, your biggest strength and biggest weakness. Maybe even what would you do if you caught someone stealing, etc. Good luck! Be confident and smile!I have an interview at Applebees, what should I wear? What will they ask?
where trashy clothes like most people wear everywhere. They will ask you questions about your other jobs and what your name is.

No comments:

Post a Comment